You can't find a pastime that's more American than baseball. From the sounds of the game to the smell of roasted peanuts and freshly grilled hot dogs to the feel of the breeze on your face as you watch your favorite player hit another one out of the park, baseball is more than a sport, it's an experience.
Now that experience takes new shape with this Baseball History Book from The New York Times. Pick a Major League team, and you'll get the perfect gift for men in the form of a book brimming with full-page reproductions straight from the Times archives. From game stories to player profiles to articles that captured all the action of big games and playoff runs as they happened, these headlines, photos, and reprints bring back the good old days of each MLB team in remarkable detail.
Choose from all 30 current MLB franchises as well as two others -- The Brooklyn Dodgers and New York Giants -- that are obsolete but still loved by many. Books are updated each year after the World Series, so if the featured team was lucky enough to come out on top of the Fall Classic, that victory will be reflected in the book.
As far as baseball gifts go, this book is worthy of extra bases. It's a perfect gift for guys who know their favorite player's career ERA or batting average by heart, and ladies who can appreciate the finer points of a perfect breaking ball will be equally pleased. It may be one, two, three strikes and you're out, but this present is a home run.
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Now you can relive the glory days of your favorite Major League team with our Baseball History Book, packed with historical pages from The New York Times archives and optional personalization.
- This 12" x 15" hardcover book celebrates the legacy of any chosen team and retraces the most newsworthy events through the perspective of The New York Times.
- A timeless tribute to your home team, this beautiful book with library binding makes a great gift for baseball fans who have everything.
- All 30 Major League baseball teams are available, plus two teams of yesteryear: the Brooklyn Dodgers and New York Giants. Baseball books range from 70 to 80 pages, and the covers reflect the team's basic color along with gold or silver foil embossing.
- The pages are printed on premium paper with a light gray tint to accent the historical nature of the pages. Each book comes with a 2.5" x 7.5" magnifier and a certificate of authenticity.
- Dimensions: 15" x 12.5"
- Color: Navy Blue Cover with Silver Foil
- Material: Leatherette cover with premium stock paper and magnifier.
- Care Instructions: Dust gently with a dry cloth.