Finding the right milestone birthday or anniversary gift for that someone special can be quite the task. Wrapping up an "over the hill" sign could get you in a heap of trouble, and no one wants a 50th birthday gift that makes them feel old. What people do love, though, is a memento that's unique, heartfelt, and maybe just a touch sentimental.
This Special Day Book recreates an edition of The New York Times from any date since 1851. Articles, headlines, photographs, and even ads are all reproduced in vivid detail. Flip through up to 80 pages of fascinating data that showcases the world exactly how it was on the day someone was born, graduated, got married, or otherwise celebrated a life-changing moment. You can't turn back the hands of time, but you can deliver a time capsule that includes all the newsworthy clips worth remembering.
Whether you're searching for a 30th birthday gift for your friend, a 40th birthday gift for a family member, or an anniversary gift that's as personal as they come, this Special Day Book is everything you want and more all tucked into an elegant leatherette cover. Want to go the extra mile? Add the perfect finishing touch by opting to customize the cover with the recipient's name and the date featured in the book.
Because this personalized item is custom-made for you, all sales are final and this product cannot be returned, refunded or exchanged. Produced in Vermont.
- Made in the U.S.A.
- This personalized Special Day book is a reproduction of The Times newspaper from any date since 1851, containing the headlines, articles, photographs and advertisements that appeared on the day you select.
- The 12" x 15" hardcover book is perfect for celebrating a birthday, anniversary, retirement or any significant life moment. It displays the recipient's name and special date right on the cover.
- As you flip through this keepsake book, it will take you back to a specific date in history, through the perspective of reprinted Times pages.
- This perennial top seller contains up to 80 pages and includes a day's complete newspaper, whenever possible. Large newspapers, including Sunday editions, are edited to contain the primary news sections. If the newspaper from your chosen date was relatively small, additional relevant front pages will be included to make the book a substantial gift.
- Books from 1851 to 1997 are printed in black and white. Most pre-1998 pages are reproduced from microfilm, an archiving process that picked up imperfections on printed pages and diminished the quality of photos. Books starting in 1998 include color front pages and other color pages that appeared in the newspaper.
- A Times exclusive, Special Day is available with a leatherette cover with foil-stamped embossing or with a luxurious linen cover with an intricately debossed area that highlights the personalization. Both leatherette and linen versions come in an assortment of colors.
- Dimensions: 15" x 12.5"
- Material: Leatherette cover with premium stock paper, red bookmarker and magnifier
- Care Instructions: Dust gently with a dry cloth