You don't have to have Leia hair buns or a Wookie costume hanging in your closet to appreciate the impact Star Wars had on contemporary culture… but it helps. From the moment Luke Skywalker met up with Han Solo and set off across space in the speedy Millenium Falcon, a fandom was born. Through the initial trilogy and onto the modern-day series that recaptures all the magic and wonder of the originals, the visionary stories of direct George Lucas have made an impact on generations, and if you're looking for a gift for a Star Wars fan, you've come to the perfect place.
This Star Wars History Book traces the origins of a galaxy far, far away to a time four years before the first movie was even released. From The New York Times' story announcing "another science fiction screenplay" by Lucas in 1973 through a review of the movie by noted Times film critic Vincent Canby in 1977, all the newsworthy moments surrounding the launch of this highly lauded franchise are saved and bound into an elegant hardcover book that makes a truly priceless keepsake, not to mention an ideal gift for geeks who spend their time practicing lightsaber moves and speaking in Yoda-ese.
As a gift for guys who have everything but the plans for the Death Star, this book is a real winner.
- The 12" x 15" coffee table book chronicles the public and critical reception of the sci-fi film and its historical and cultural impact. It contains all the important Times articles about the films and their legacy, including reviews, news articles, graphics, photos, obituaries and behind-the-scenes exclusives.
- "In a Galaxy Far, Far Away" is the ultimate anthology of Times coverage of the "Star Wars" franchise. This "Star Wars" history book, packed with more than 85 reprinted Times pages, takes you on a fantastic journey from the 1970s to 2018's "Solo: A Star Wars Story."
- An epic gift for the diehard Star Wars enthusiast, the hardcover book features stately leatherette binding and its cover can be personalized.
- The pages are printed on premium paper with a light gray tint to accent the historical nature of the pages.
- Each book comes with a 2.5" x 7.5" magnifier and a certificate of authenticity.
- Produced in Vermont.