Nostalgia is a funny thing. Just one glimpse of a word or picture can cause memories to come flooding back. It could be a family photo that reminds you of your grandmother’s voice or a game in a vintage toy store that transports you back to your youth. Or, it could be this Literary Print Luxe Scarf that makes all those hours you spent in the school library seem like they happened just yesterday.
This piece combines bookish charm with some serious fashion-forward design. The scarf’s soft delicate weave feels luxurious thanks to flowing fabric that’s perfect for all-weather wear and fluttering tassels that add a bit of fun, but it’s the Dewey Decimal print that steals the show. Feast your eyes on the 800 series of the Dewey Classification — that’s everything from “Philosophy Theories” to “Study and teaching of literature” to “American poetry.”
From devoted librarians to dedicated teachers, students to recent grads, book worms to anybody who gets excited about unique finds, almost everyone will get a kick out of this piece. If you need a gift that epitomizes the timeless power of the written word, this is it.
• Pattern: Dewey Decimal for Literature Screenprint
• Fabric: Viscose
• Texture: soft, delicate woven
• Weight: Perfect for all seasons.
• Printing ink: Non-toxic, water-based ink.
• Scarf size: 68" x 26" with 2" tassels on both ends.
• Print size: 16" x 25.5" at one end.
• Print color: Black.
• Scarf color: Parchment.
• Care: Hand wash cold; lay flat or hang to dry.
• Creases and folds? Iron high.
Hand screen-printed in the USA in our Detroit, Michigan studio.