Yo ho ho and a barrel of rum! You don't have to have a peg leg or a blue beard to enjoy a rum-based tipple from time to time, and now you can give the gift of endless spirit thanks to this Rum Making Kit with Barrel.
Each DIY kit comes with a wrought iron stand, bung, spigot, and enough ingredients for three rounds of rum -- everything the lucky recipient needs to get their home-based distillery up and running. The kit is attractive, too; the miniature barrel has tons of aesthetic appeal and would look fantastic perched on a kitchen counter or nestled amongst other boozy items on a bar or sideboard. When you need a gift for men or women with culinary prowess or a talent for cocktails, this kit is right on target.
As far as gifts for rum lovers go, this is one present that delivers the goods time and time again, and the results are adjustable depending on taste. Give it just enough time to mellow and you'll have a young, light liquor ideal for mixing with fruit juice or a rum punch, mojito, or mai tai. Let the rum age, and it'll take on richer, toastier, more caramel notes perfect for stirring into a dark and stormy or for sipping all on its own. Is the summer heat getting hard to beat? Suggest your friend or family member use their new kit to make enough room for several pool-side batches of pina coladas or daiquiris, and make sure you RSVP ASAP.
- Explore the world of Rum by making and aging three different styles of rum, Spiced, Dark Jamaican, and Amber Caribbean Rum in a real American White Oak barrel.
- The kit comes complete with a wrought iron stand, bung, spigot, and essences for three different batches. Age to your taste!
- Start by curing your barrel (see instructions for details).
- Pour most of a 750ml bottle of grain alcohol, neutral vodka or moonshine into the barrel.
- Add 1 bottle of Essence (per 750ml of vodka) and fill the barrel with the remaining alcohol. (See essence bottle for additional instruction)
- SHAKE WELL to mix thoroughly.
- Taste your spirits each week and take notes of the flavour changes.
- Once aged to your taste, drink from the barrel or pour into a glass bottle to stop the aging process.
- Best when aged for 2 or more weeks but if you can't wait... DRINK NOW!