What do you get when wine and chemistry collide? Pure magic. Making wine is part art part science and The Chemistry of Wine Gift Pack honors that collaboration with aplomb. Your favorite oenophile will get a major kick out of unpacking this kit, especially when the encounter the star pieces. But first things first. Watch with glee as they unwrap the cool burlap bag to reveal a couple of spiffy coasters. They're made of cork (of course) and feature the pithy saying "It's EtOH O'Clock Somewhere!" And it's only polite to follow that advice and pour a few ounces of Bordeaux, right?
Next comes the two centerpieces of this collection: a pair of wine glasses etched with the chemical compounds found in wine. The geometric designs that represent the formulas for compounds like malic acid, epicatechin, tartaric acid, and quercetin weave their way around the glasses' exteriors, forming a raised web of art and science that's simply irresistible. The designs are applied using eco-friendly ceramic in that's then fired at crazy high temperatures so the patterns won't ever fade, chip off, or flake. This a gift that will fly through the dishwasher and hold up to party after party, delivering great taste (in more ways than one) and plenty of intellectual stimulation every time your lucky recipient pops a cork and sits down to some vino.
- Each pack contains a pair of wine chemistry glasses that come individually boxed in printed boxes and two screen printed eco-friendly "It's EtOH O'clock Somewhere" coasters in a custom cloth bag
- The whole bundle ships all packed in a large gift bag
- Printed with eco-friendly ceramic ink for a raised rough texture. Because the ink fires on at temperatures of up to 1,200 F and becomes part of the finish, the image doesn't peel, flake, or scratch
- Wine glasses are individually boxed
- Dishwasher safe
- Volume: 15 oz
- Height: 4.5"
- Diameter: 3.5"
- Coasters are 4" in diameter and printed in Portland, OR
- Made in the USA